Monday, April 19, 2010

"When I am older"

When I was getting Isaac ready for his nap this afternoon, he was laying down on his bed and I was rubbing lotion on his hands and then rubbing one of his essential oils on his belly and he says to me, "Mommy, when I am older, you can take a break from getting yourself ready for bed and I will do it for you." "I will put your lotion on, brush your teeth, wash your hair, and get you all ready for bed." His heart for appreciation, desire to give back, and understanding that parenting takes effort, at the age of "almost 5" is just amazing! Something I pray God continues to grow and foster in him, as well as his brother and sister, throughout their lives! It is these moment when you see fruit blossoming and developing in your children that makes all the sleepless nights, cleaning of poop, urine, vomit, and various other disgusting things, screaming, whining, no patience, pregnancy, delivery, and all the other "pains" of being a Mommy 100% worth it. But, I gotta say, I could never do this Mommy thing without having the Lord in my life and calling out to Him daily! I have heard it and read in many places, but it's true....being a Mom is the most difficult job I have ever had....for many reasons. BUT, it does bring me to a place of DAILY surrender to Jesus....which is exactly the place He wants and desires us to be. WHY? Because until we realize the importance of not just having the Lord in our life but letting Him be Lord in our life and turning to Him for even the small things. You know what I mean...those things in our life that that make us say "AAHH I can't do this!" Until we go to Him and ask for His help and direction, we really can't live in the freedom that God intended for us. The freedom He gave us when He offered His Son for us, so that we might have eternal life. Yes, eternal life in Heaven, but also eternal life on earth as it is in Heaven. I am so thankful that I can cry out to God to supply my every need as a Mommy....my peace of mind, my hope, my joy, my strength, my rest.

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Melanie!!! You make me so proud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mom :) that means alot!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Mel. Perfect timing for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! He is always thinking about something, huh. Almost made me cry! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic post Mel~~you inspire me so much!!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete