Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gluten Free, Dairy Free & Sugar Free Pumpkin Cupcakes

I found a recipe for gluten free pumpkin cupcakes, and I altered it to make it dairy free and sugar free as well. I made these for the costume and pumpkin party I had for the kids last week. Everyone just loved them, so I thought I would post the recipe : )

Ingredients:
1 stick (1/2 cup) room temp. butter (I used a Spectrum Spread which is dairy free)
1/2 cup brown rice syrup
1/3 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup honey
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup pumpkin purée
3/4 cup brown rice flour
1/2 cup potato starch
1/2 cup sorghum flour
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup vanilla rice milk

Frosting:
For the frosting I used Ricemellow Creme by Suzanne's Specialties. It is just like marshmallow creme, but made with brown rice syrup...and SO yummy!

Method:
Cupcakes
1 Preheat oven to 350°F, and place rack in the center of the oven.
2 Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, rice syrup, agave nectar, and honey for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the pumpkin purée and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
3 In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and spices. Add the flour mixture, rice milk, and pumpkin batter and mix.
4 Set paper cupcake holders in a muffin tin. Spoon the batter into the cupcake paper cups, about 3/4th full. Bake approximately 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before frosting.

Made 20 cupcakes for me.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! I'm definitely going to try these out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got to enjoy these & they are delicious!!

    ReplyDelete