Tuesday, August 11, 2009

6 months old and.......


.......2 NEW TEETH!!

Since Lauren was about 6 weeks old, she started sleeping about 8 hours a night...which was a HUGE blessing and answer to prayer....since my boys were not such great sleepers!! Then, she started sleeping 10 hours a night at about 8 weeks old, and did so till 4 months. WOW....it was amazing to be a Mommy of a newborn and two little ones and be sleeping through the night.

Then....at about 4 months, when we moved into the new house, she stared waking up at night. Sometimes she would go back to sleep with her binki, but most times, I had to nurse her. However, there were times she wouldn't finish all my milk.

In the last few weeks, she really started nursing more during the day and at times, would want to nurse 2 times at night....but again, was not finishing all my milk at times. So, I started thinking, "HHHmmmmmm....she seems to be trying to sooth herself, but WHY?"

So, last Thursday, I decided to check her gums....and what did I find??? TWO TEETH!! Both on the bottom and already broken through the skin!!! I couldn't believe it!! Only because with the boys, I KNEW when they were teething!! For months, they were fussy, loose stools, and less of an appetite. But she is a trooper!! And at least I now know this was partly to blame for the waking up at night.

I am so anxious to see how much she weighs because she is so heavy in my arms! She is already bustin out of her 6 to 9 months clothes and getting into her 12 months sizes!! Hard to believe our baby girl is halfway to 1 year.

No comments:

Post a Comment