Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Goodbye MJ

Watching the Memorial today for MJ was unbelievable. It was very emotional for me...and I am still in shock that he is gone. It became all to real when I saw his golden casket. I have had him and his family, particularly his children, on my heart since he died on the 25th of June. However, I didn't realize the Memorial was going to impact me the way in which it did. The second I saw his casket I started crying and didn't stop till after the service ended. I am thankful all the kiddos were asleep for almost the entire service, so I could mourn in peace. Isaac did however wake up right before it ended, when MJ's daughter, Paris, was speaking. He wanted to know who she was and why she was crying. It was the first conversation I had w/ him about dieing (other than a bug). He said, "Oh Mommy, that is so sad." I told him that we needed to pray for her and her brothers because they miss their Daddy very much. So, he started praying right then......."Jesus name...(that's how we always starts his prayers)....thank you for Micheal Jackson." "Please help his little girl and boys feel better because they miss their Daddy so much, Amen."

As Queen Latifa put it, "There were many of us who have loved him our whole lives, even though we have loved him from a distance." That is exactly how I feel. Like I have loved him from a distance. And I have always loved him...despite all the rumors (which I never believed).

Scott said it best when he said that MJ will live on forever in us and the best thing we can do is keep him alive for our children so they "know" him is through his music and dance. So, I played one of our MJ CD's during dinner, then after dinner we got up and danced. So fun!

To me, the best line of the day was....."The King of Pop is now bowing his knee to the KING OF KINGS." What an amazing image.

No comments:

Post a Comment