Thursday, May 13, 2010

"Mommy, my heart is closed."

When we sat down to eat lunch on Wednesday afternoon, I asked if anyone would like to pray (meaning, Isaac, Eric, or Lauren), and Isaac said, "I do!" So before he could even start, Eric squeezes his eyes tight and starts to pray first. He says, "Please God, Grammy here safe." Mom was on here way here on Wednesday afternoon and I knew the boys would want to pray for her to have safe travels (and they did). Well, as soon as Eric said his prayer, I looked over at Isaac's face and I could tell he was upset and was about to let it out, and he says, "I wanted to pray that prayer!" So, I say to Isaac, "It's ok." "You can still pray for Grammy and even I can pray for Grammy." "It's good to have alot of prayers for someone!" Then Isaac says, "No, I don't want to pray now." So, I said to him, "Well, maybe it's best if you don't pray right now because your heart is not in the right place and God wants our heart to be in the right place when we pray to Him." Then Isaac says, "Well my heart is closed...I can feel it closed!" So, I asked him, "Do you want me to pray for you?" And he says, "Yes." So, I prayed, "LORD, please help Isaac's heart to forgive Eric for praying the prayer he wanted to pray and please help him to have peace and joy in his heart." So he gets so excited and says, "Mommy!! My heart is open again! I can feel it open!" So, I say, "Good!" He says, "I'm ready to pray now." So, Isaac prays, "God, thank you for the rain for our plants and flowers, thank you for our yummy food, thank you for getting Grammy here safe, please do not let her bump into anything while she is driving around that mountain, please help her to stay on the road....(NOW IS THE AMAZING PART).....and God please help all of the people out there who's heart is closed, God please help them to have an open heart so they can pray to you and love everyone, please help them to open their heart to you, in Jesus name Amen." This is one of the first times I have experienced one of my children praying in the Spirit and truly from his heart....crying out to the LORD...interceding for others. What can I say....WOW...Thank you LORD!

1 comment: